This magnificent castle with a small park located on a hill lies in the very heart of Mshene Lazne village. Built on the site of former fortress, the history of Mšené Lazne castle goes back to 1553, but its modern appearance comes from the late 19th century.
The settlement belonged to the Saxon family of Ilburg in 14th and 15th centuries, who build relatively small Gothic fortress on the site. The fortress is being rebuilt into Renaissance chateau in 1600 by the famous noble family of Zayits of Gazmburg. Jan Zbynek of Zayits was the hetman of Litomnerzhitsky region and controlled the whole north of Czech lands.
The following years Mshene Lazne castle belongs to Czech Kingdom’s most famous noble families. In 1748 the Knight family of Kinsky – aristocratic family whose origins date back to 13th century – buys the estate for residential purposes and implements the reconstruction. Fifty years later (in 1796) arises Mshene Lazne spa-resort, specializing on treatment of musculoskeletal system with carbon baths.
In 1866 Oldrich Kinsky sells the estate to the new owner – an entrepreneur Eman Brandeis, who resells it in 1872 to Habrus society.
In 1878 architect Kirpal from Prague renovates the castle and sells it to Toman family, who reconstruct the whole spa complex and thus attracts many clients.
After the WWII (in 1948) the castle has been nationalized and served as a seat for region administration and Czech Saving Bank until 1998. Some of the rooms were used for social purposes during the national holidays.
Toman family gets the property back after restitution of 1998, however, the descendants of former owners are not interested in the castle, and thus they sell immediately.
Prior to 2006 the castle had several owners who do not care about the building, as a result it was half destructed.
The castle is privately owned since 2006.
The viewing is possible only with representative of VIP Castle company.
The original fortress was later rebuilt into Renaissance castle, but the following owners keep rebuilding it to their taste. The small park next to castle allows to enjoy with solitude and appeasement.
The castle acquires its final look in late 19th century – a two-storey building with roof and facades decorated with stucco and frescoes.
Castle’s patio is lavishly decorated with stucco and leads to the first floor, where it is still possible to see the original vaulted ceilings.
The complex consists of three buildings – household yard, servants’ house and the castle. There is a medium-sized cellar with vaulted ceiling located under the castle.
[ngg_images gallery_ids=”1109″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_pro_horizontal_filmstrip”]
Equipment: gas, sewerage and private well with drinking water
Total land area – 7300 m2
Built up area – 950 m2
Gross living area – 3100 m2
[su_gmap address=”50°21’47.2 14°07’22.8″]
For more information, please contact us: