Imperial brewery of the XIV. century

Noble brewery was already mentioned in 1397 and so is the oldest known brewery in Zbiroh. During its existence it was many times destroyed by the attacks of the enemy armies and rebuilt. In 1567, the brewery was rebuilt again, retaining its appearance to this day.

Not only the exterior, but the interior layout of the brewery clearly reflect the various stages of brewing, which was carried out here, probably since the Renaissance or early Baroque and up until 1952.

 

oddd

 

Description

The first mention of- Švabin found in written sources of the 16th century. We can assume that the perimeter of the building walls  belongs to the period is preceded by the Baroque, but, at the same time, it is undeniable that the current view of the brewery gave a radical restoration in the spirit of the Baroque, conducted in the second half of the 18th century.

By the mentioned period include, in particular, pediments baroque profiled corners, the main cornices and ledge surviving today only like a small part of the, previously fully surrounding the facades. The origin of the Stables refers to the Baroque era with a high probability.

 

[ngg_images gallery_ids=”1096″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_pro_horizontal_filmstrip”]

Total land area: 31 990 m2

Built-up Area: 5 791 m2 (plot with Brewery 5 791 m2, Brewery 3 111 m2)

Pond: 5 619 m2

Condition – before reconstruction

Basement –  Yes

Communication-  electricity, water conduit, canalization

oddd

№375

Location:

For more information, please contact us:
[easy_contact_forms fid=403]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

-->