Napajedla Castle, built in the late Baroque style, was founded in 1764-1769 as a noble family residence. This elegant two-winged building stands in the center of a vast park surrounded with a pond and a fountain. Napajedla Castle – is one of the last buildings in Moravian region, completed under the clear influence of the Italian style.
The castle was built by Kuildobald of Dietrichstein as a gift for his wife – Maria Anna of Rota, who loved to spend her time at this beautiful estate. For this reason, her ardent husband builds even more beautiful castle for his beloved one, which, in his opinion, should tie their marriage stronger.
The ownership over the castle passed from one hands to other until the second half of the 19th century, when it was finally obtained by the Bltazzi family. They begin to carry out the regular auctions for selling famous English thoroughbred horses, one of the fastest and most expensive race horses in the world. Horse breeding is closely tied with Napajedla castle until today.
Some time later, the castle is sold through an auction to a famous shoe magnate – Antonin Bata. Bata wants to transform the castle into summer residence for the Czechoslovak government, since he was personally acquainted with the President of Czechoslovakia Eduard Benes and assumed to build career in politics. However, these plans were never destined to happen because of World War II and Bata’s emigration to Brazil.
The castle was nationalized in 1945. The private owner buys it in 2008 and implements the ongoing restoration of the castle which resurrects its Baroque beauty. This is undoubtedly the great example of how a businessman revives the historical monument thanks to a hard work and infinite determination.
There are more than 50 rooms in this three-storey late Baroque building. The castle is surrounded with a beautiful park and a lake. A round Mirror Hall – the transparent heart of the castle – is undoubtedly the most beautiful room in the building. The room is decorated with the original Venetian mirrors around the perimeter, what creates truly magical atmosphere. One hundred kg chandelier illuminates beautifully decorated ceiling. This hall is perfectly suited for receiving the guests during the lavish weddings and balls as back in the days.
The original crystal chandeliers can also be found in the Dutch and Baroque salons. All of these chandeliers are precious historical objects under state protection. The castle chapel underwent through full reconstruction and was returned to its original splendor. Neo-Gothic elements can be found on the ceiling decorations, stained glass windows and frescos.
[ngg_images gallery_ids=”1105″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_pro_horizontal_filmstrip”]
1st floor – restaurant and a spa-wellness center
2nd floor – 13 apartments, 4 more being prepared
3rd and attic floor – 10 apartments
Built-up area – 6465 m2
The castle is surrounded with a fence; a wine cellar is being built in the basement
The park area has almost 10 hectares
[su_gmap address=” 49°10’13.8 17°30’46”]
For more information, please contact us: